Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chicken Soup Weather

Since I wrote last, I have been desperately searching the house and car for my camera. I've also involved anyone I have ever visited. Which means I'm being a real pest. Because just recently I had done a search of pockets and the house for the missing front door keys that we always leave on the entry table, I had a pretty good idea that I wouldn't come across my little camera but I did an exhaustive search anyway.

So that will explain why there is no photograph of this new recipe I tried. With all the wind and rain and cold temperatures, Chicken soup sounded good to me. I got the idea in San Francisco last week. I was in a restaurant that has Kotosoupa Avgolemono (Chicken and Rice Soup with Egg and Lemon) every day. Heavenly!

When you click on the colored word recipe, you'll see that the recipe calls for one whole chicken.
I used two chicken breasts from the freezer which I didn't defrost first. Just washed them and cup them up a bit and put them in the hot water. Before I put the egg/lemon juice mixture in the soup, I did add one can of prepared chicken broth. I was a little unsure of myself. But the result of this recipe was very satisfying.

I don't make New Years Resolutions but I'm going to make my life a little less busy real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment