Thursday, October 22, 2009

Farm Fresh Oct. 22, 2009

Well, here it is another week has passed and I've been enjoying reading Bitten who makes the best recipes. I tried his Bok Choy with Shiitake and Oyster Sauce stir-fry with great results. I think it really helps that he makes little videos that you can access from the New York Times, Bitten on line. I added sliced scallops to this recipe and that's what I ate over rice. At the same meal I served a Beef Stew with Prunes to people who don't like seafood. Got this recipe also from Mark Bittman.

It's like Christmas when I open the door to get the newspaper in the morning and there is the box. I can't wait to open it and find out what treasures are inside. Today there was more fruit than vegetables which was okay with me. Purple pears, fuyu persimmons, black seedless grapes, and gala apples. A bunch of beets like last month plus swiss chard, arugula, green beans, yellow zuccini, red bell peppers, radishes and pumpkin. Can't decide where to start. More later

This tomato, cheese, red bell pepper & Japanese eggplant tart was delicious. I got the idea from Alexandra's Kitchen. I used her recipe with a few changes. Her photography is incredible and you will just have to prepare the dish. Look for the Tomato,Corn,cheese galette on the list of her posts.

5 comments:

  1. Diana,

    This looks fabulous.........I was at the Waimea Farmers Market this morning and bought bok choy, grown here and organic......this recipe will be on my menu this week......I'm trying to get my meat and potato Montanan to eat more veggies...love your blog.......I'm hungrey, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diana.....the tart looks delicious but I am not a big eggplant fan....a substitute?....I am very excited about your blog....and will add it to my favorites.....Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kathy, I hope you had a chance to make that bok choy recipe. That tart also turned out so good. I think I would rather eat it than pizza.
    Diana (ダイアナ)

    Dear Lynette,
    I'm looking forward to getting some of your favorite sites. Don't forget.

    Diana (ダイアナ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana - Looking forward to hearing/seeing the dishes you'll be making from this box of fruits and veggies! Been watching French Chef episodes so I'm ready for the Julia Child potluck anytime now! :)

    アンドレア

    ReplyDelete
  5. アンドレアさん、
    You would love that tomato tart. I think that is what I am going to make for that potluck. When???
    ダイアナ

    ReplyDelete