Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bitten's polenta without fear plus Alexandra's Kitchen's take


Well, didn't get to cooking as soon as I wanted as we went to my H.S.reunion dinner/dance in Bay Area shortly after I got the box. Had a great time as I did get to talk to old friends and dance a few swing dances. On the way home through S.F. we went to a bakery/restaurant I had read about on Alexandra's Kitchen. Tartine's at 600 Guererro in the Mission. Worth the drive around and around the blocks to find parking. I won't go into all the goodies I bought but Tartine's has a bar/restaurant on Valencia that I plan to go back to. The menu looked divine.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I cooked up Bitten's Polenta without Fear and Alexandra's take on a 1 person meal with stir-fried chard with onion & garlic on top of the polenta, with a fried egg on top of that. It was delicious. My photography doesn't do it justice.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog...........it inspires me! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathy,
    I'm so glad you wrote - good to hear from you.
    Today, I'm going to make Bitten's recipe on fried rice. It's different from what I usually do.
    Keep on wii-ing.
    ダイアナ (Diana)

    ReplyDelete