Wednesday, August 26, 2009

State Fair Time





Went to the State Fair last weekend and sampled some of my favorite exhibits. The driving force to get to the fair was to see a family friend show his pig as part of the Future Farmers of America Organization at his High School. This was his first venture into raising an animal and he has learned a lot. His pig sold after the competition for three dollars a pound so he retrieved his costs.
I wish I had taken a picture of the cinnamon roll I ate. It is one of my favorite things to eat at the fair and every year the cinnamon rolls are great. Not at all disappointed by the food but many of the counties didn't show up to advertise their agriculture and location.
The economy has played a part with many of the exhibits.
The Industrial Arts exhibit seemed to have had only local contributions. In the past there has been exquisite furniture made by high school students entered from all over California. I hope the arts are still taught in the school.
The demonstration garden gave me some ideas for next year's planting.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being such a good grandma and going to see my son's best friend show his pig.

    ReplyDelete